Roto Fin vs Stock Red Paddle Race

Best place to talk about Fins, Windsurf, SUP & Kitesurf
Steven-USA

Roto Fin vs Stock Red Paddle Race

Post by Steven-USA » 26 Feb 2017, 08:01

I have been paddling with the full carbon Roto on my 14 x 25 Red Paddle Elite for the past couple of months and always felt that it was a huge upgrade to the stock fin that came with the board but I really was surprised the other morning. I forgot my Roto at home so I used my Red Paddle fin for my workout and what a difference. It was like a completely different board. The stability was a lot worse and the tracking was more difficult. I am interested to compare the Roto to the Kawa in flat water and see the tracking difference as well.
I used to the Roto on a moderate down wind run yesterday, 11 km, 15 mph winds and about 2 foot bumps. It handled very well in the conditions. Much better than the stock fin.
This summer my friends and I will be doing some fin and board testing with a hopefully large number of different pieces of equipment, We will be comparing the boards/fins against each other in a set of testing protocols. I will share the data with the forum. We are thinking the middle of July.
Steven-USA
Attachments
Roto.jpg
Roto.jpg (50.76 KiB) Viewed 1460 times
Red.gif
Red.gif (121.27 KiB) Viewed 1460 times

TerryCarr

Re: Roto Fin vs Stock Red Paddle Race

Post by TerryCarr » 25 Sep 2017, 08:55

I prefer the Roto tbh.